- How does the debit card Financial Bank Visa?
A: Banco Modal visa debit cards are available in Classic and Platinum and they work like cash, cheques, and ATM cards, but better.
Customers can enjoy services at home or abroad, directly from their chequing or savings account. They just need to visit any trade place which accepts Visa. Simply swipe Your card and sign for purchase. Also, Banco Modal Visa Debit Card is a worldwide ATM card and is accepted at all ATMs where Visa or PLUS logos are shown.
Customers receive receipt for any purchase, and their transactions will be detailed on their account statements, which they can monitor 24/7 via Banco Modal Internet Banking service.
How Point of Sale (POS) Works:
Where Visa is accepted, cashier swipes Visa Debit card as regular credit card or debit card for payment. You complete transaction signing receipt. You return cashier's copy and keep Your customer's copy. Your Personal Identification Number (PIN) is not needed!
Banco Modal Visa Debit card is linked to Your chequing/savings account and works like Your local debit card, but it allows to access Your account anywhere in the world!
- What are the benefits of having a Banco Modal Visa Debit card?
- Easier to use than cash and cheques, including travelers' cheques, and 24/7 access to your funds worldwide
- No cash
- Insurance for travel accident, car rental etc.
- Funds available in Your account can be spent only
- You can track Your expenses via Your Bank-issued statements, Internet Banking and Telephone Banking
- Accepted worldwide with VISA logo
- How is this different from my convenience card/regular debit card when making a purchase?
A: With Banco Modal Visa Debit card - no need to enter Personal Identification Number (PIN) at the Point-of-Sale (POS), like your local debit card. Instead, you authorise your transactions by signature, just like a credit card. Your Visa Debit card will allow you to make purchases and access cash at millions of locations worldwide where the Visa and PLUS logos are displayed.
- Will I still receive a receipt for my purchase?
A: Yes, You will. You'll sign one copy of Your receipt and return to trader and You'll keep Your customer copy. You should keep receipts for check with your bank statement.
- With my current Convenience card I am able to make a purchase from either my savings or chequing account at the merchant. Will I be able to do the same with my Banco Modal Visa Debit card?
A: You will only be able to make purchases or withdraw cash from one account which You'll indicate as Your main account for all Visa Debit card purchases. You'll not be able to select either savings or chequing at trader; funds will be automatically taken off Your main account.
- How do I replenish my main account if funds are over?
A: You can transfer funds to Your main account via Internet Banking, Telephone Banking or Your branch..
- Will I receive statements like my regular credit card?
A: If your chequing account is designated as Your main account You'll continue to receive Your monthly chequing account statement. This statement will provide details on Your Visa Debit transactions. If Your saving account is designated as Your main account You're expected to keep track of Your account via Internet Banking at no cost.
- What should I do in case there is a discrepancy on my bank account statement in relation to a Visa Debit card transaction?
A: If You have questions about any transaction You should contact Bank immediately and in case of disputes, You should notify Bank in writing 15 calendar days from transaction date.
- Why has Banco Modal introduced the Visa Debit card?
A: At Banco Modal, we provide so many different products and services where our customers can access their money anywhere worldwide. Banco Modal Visa Debit card is easy, safe and convenient way customers can pay for their goods and services at home, abroad or on Internet where Visa cards are accepted.
- Can I still use my debit card/convenience card or will it be discontinued?
A: Yes, Your local Convenience card will continue to allow You to access Your account after You have activated your Visa Debit card. Your Convenience card also gives You possibility to access Internet Banking so You should obtain Your card for this purpose.
- Who is eligible for the Visa Debit card?
A: Active Savings and Chequing account holders. Wealth and relationship managed customers qualify for Visa Platinum card. All other customers can apply for Visa Classic card.
- Is there a fee for purchases carried out with the Visa Debit card at the POS?
A: In comparison with Your local debit card which attracts fee when you shop at merchants, Your Visa debit card purchases are free from fees.
- Do I have to pay an annual fee or a joining fee for my Banco Modal Visa Debit card?
A: No; there are no annual or joining fees for Visa Debit.
- Are there other charges that may be associated with the Visa Debit card?
A: You will continue to pay fees associated with Your chequing/ savings account which are displayed in Bank's Schedule of Charges.
Other financial institutions may from time to time impose fees in respect of each transaction not related to Banco Modal's fees and charges.
Charges will continue for cash advances done at other bank's ATMs and balance enquiries.
There is no charge when you use your card at Banco Modal's Instant Tellers.
- Where can I make purchases with my Banco Modal Visa Debit card?
A: With Your Banco Modal Visa Debit card, you can pay for your purchases at any local and international location where Visa is accepted, including supermarkets, schools, gas stations, restaurants, clothing stores, book stores, pharmacies, hotels, car rentals, airlines, beauty stores and online merchants.
You can also use Your Visa Debit card for paying bills (phone, light, water, Internet insurance payments etc)
- What are the Visa benefits associated with the Visa debit card?
A: See table below
|Characteristics and Benefit
|Travel Accident Insurance
Up to US$75,000
Up to US$500,000
|Auto Rental Insurance
|Travel Assistance Service
|Lost Luggage Locator Assistance
|Credit Card Emergency Replacement Abroad
|Emergency Ticket Replacement
|Emergency Medical Indemnification
Up to US$25,000
|Medical emergency in case of injury or sickness during a trip.
||Up to US$15,000
||Up to US$20,000